Travel to the worksite location to inspect equipment, identify problems, perform necessary repairs or routine maintenance and install new systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The HVAC Service Technician performs the following tasks, duties and responsibilities:
- Cleaning, adjusting and repairing HVAC systems, and performing warranty services
- Troubleshooting defective HVAC systems and equipment to make diagnoses
- Performing preventative maintenance and suggest corrective actions to be applied
- Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently
- Keeping daily logs and records of maintenance functions
- Serve as a company representative to customers, other contractors and suppliers
- Ensuring compliance with standards and with the Health and Safety Act.
- Perform other functions that may be assigned by the service controller or manager.
The HVAC Service Technician should possess the following skills, characteristics and abilities:
- Two years’ experience at an artisan level of maintaining, repairing, and operating HVAC
- Matric and relevant technical trade qualification
- SAQCC certification
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Possess great mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Strong ability to read and understand technical instructions and reading schematics and drawings
- Strong knowledge of equipment, tools, and methods commonly applied in repairing HVAC equipment
- Strong knowledge of principles of operation of HVAC systems, and safety practices concerning HVAC work
- Strong ability to diagnose equipment and determine if a repair and maintenance work is needed or not; and ability to keep records of work done
- Excellent ability to explain technical information to customers in a way they will understand
- Strong ability to perform assigned tasks independently
- Strong knowledge of computers and the ability to apply the necessary software tools for HVAC duties
- Ability and willingness to work after hours, over weekends and on public holidays with short notice
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and background