Commissioning is the advancement of an installation from stage of static completion to full working order to specified requirements. Proper commissioning is crucial to ensure the correct and intended operation of the HVAC system and associated services. The Commissioning technician will be responsible for the complete commissioning process.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Commissioning & Maintenance management:
- Commissioning input at design stage (designing for commissionability)
- Commissioning estimating
- Commissioning preparation
- Method statements
- Programming & co-ordination
- Warranty period tuning and technical support
- Warranty period maintenance management
- Investigating problems and diagnosing and repairing faults
- Ensuring compliance with standards and with the Health and Safety Act.
- Perform other functions that may be assigned by the management team
The HVAC Commissioning Technician should possess the following skills, characteristics and abilities:
- Two years’ experience of commissioning HVAC systems
- Matric and relevant technical qualifications
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Possess great mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Excellent knowledge of principles of operation of HVAC systems, and safety practices concerning electrical and mechanical systems
- Strong ability to read and understand technical specifications and reading schematics and drawings
- Strong knowledge of electrical and control systems.
- Strong knowledge of equipment, tools, and methods commonly applied in commissioning HVAC equipment and systems
- Proven ability in troubleshooting mechanical and/or electrical components and systems
- Strong ability to perform assigned tasks independently
- Strong knowledge of computers and the ability to apply the necessary software tools for HVAC commissioning
- Ability and willingness to work after hours, over weekends and on public holidays with short notice
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and background